Australian Skilled Migration can help you join the thousands of satisfied international students and take advantage of the quality education system that Australia has to offer.
Australia’s overseas student program allows foreign students to complete their studies in Australia at a variety of levels including:
- Higher Education such as: Bachelor and Associate Degrees, Graduate Certificates, Graduate Diploma, Higher Education Diploma to name just a few.
- Vocational Education and Training such as: Certificate I, II, III, IV, VET Diploma, VET Advanced Diploma and more.
- Primary and secondary school course.
- Postgraduate courses.
- English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students (ELICOS)
Living expenses and tuition costs are quite low in Australia compared to other countries. Many student visas will allow you to work up to 40 hours per fortnight.
Higher Education Sector visa (subclass 573)
This visa is for International Students wanting to stay in Australia to study a full-time higher education course. Eligible international students can apply to study in Australia if their main course of study is:
- a bachelor or associate degree
- a graduate certificate or graduate diploma
- a masters degree by coursework
- a higher education diploma or advanced diploma.
Postgraduate Research Sector Visa (Subclass 574)
This visa is for International Students wanting to stay in Australia to do postgraduate research. Eligible international students can apply to study in Australia if their main course of study is:
- a masters degree by research
- a doctoral degree.
Schools Sector visa (subclass 571)
This visa is for International Students wanting to stay in Australia to study a full-time school course. Students may be eligible to apply for this visa if they are:
- enrolled as a student at secondary school
- participating in a secondary school exchange program
- in some circumstances, students can apply if they are enrolled at a primary school
AusAID or Defence Sector visa (Subclass 576)
This visa is for international students who are sponsored by AusAID or the Department of Defence wanting to stay in Australia to study full time.
Vocational Education & Training Sector visa (Subclass 572)
This visa is for students wanting to stay in Australia to study a full-time vocational education and training course. Eligible international students can apply to study in Australia if their main course of study is:
- a certificate I, II, III and IV (except ELICOS)
- a VET diploma
- a VET advanced diploma
- a vocational graduate certificate or
- a vocational graduate diploma.
Training and Research visa (Subclass 402)
This visa is for people wanting to:
- take part in structured workplace-based training to enhance your skills in your current occupation, area of tertiary study, or field of expertise (Occupational Trainee stream)
- participate in a professional development training program in Australia after being invited to do so Professional Development stream
- observe or participate in an Australian research project after being invited to do so (Research stream).
Independent ELICOS Sector visa (Subclass 570)
This visa is for International Students wanting to stay in Australia to study a full-time ‘English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students’ (ELICOS). This includes:
- courses that lead to a certificate I, II, III or IV
- courses that result in no formal Australian award.
An International Student studying ELICOS as a pre-requisite to another course, must apply for the visa appropriate to your main course of study. For International Students studying several courses, the main course is the higher level course.
Non Award Sector visa (Subclass 575)
This visa is for International Students wanting to stay in Australia to study a full-time:
- non-award foundation studies course
- course or components of a course (other than ELICOS) that does not lead to an award.
Students enrolled in a registered course that does not lead to an award may be eligible for this visa.
Student Guardian visa (Subclass 580)
This visa is for people wanting to stay in Australia as the guardian of an International Student younger than 18 years of age studying in Australia on a student visa. (In some exceptional circumstances, as the guardian of an international student over 18 years of age)
Temporary Graduate visa (Subclass 485)
This visa is for international students who have been studying in Australia and have recently graduated. This visa lets you work in Australia temporarily after you have finished your studies.