482 Family Visa

For the family members of Subclass 482 TSS Visa holders

A TSS Family Visa is for the immediate family of a Subclass 482 Visa holder


A TSS visa holder can add their spouse or de facto partner and children to their visa as secondary applicants.

Choose the option that applies to you:

TSS Visa secondary applicants are able to enter and remain in Australia for the duration of the main applicant’s TSS Visa (Subclass 482).

Secondary applicants can live, work and study while residing in Australia.

Our team of migration agents specialise in Employer Sponsored Visas, let our experts help you bring your family to Australia. If you don’t hold a TSS Visa and would like to apply for one click here

We have assisted hundreds of TSS Visa clients to bring their partners and families to join them in Australia.

Adding family members

TSS Family members can be included on original 482 Visa application prior to lodgement
Family members can be added to your TSS visa after approval
Employers must support visa applications or additional family members
TSS Family Visa application charges depend on the main applicant’s occupation. (Whether on the Short-Term Skilled Occupation List or the Medium Long-Term Strategic Skilled List)

Including family members

Applicants can include or add the following family members to their TSS Visa (Subclass 482) Visa:

-> Dependent children/step-children
-> Partner

Your married or de facto partner can be the same or opposite sex. Applicants must prove:
• the relationship is genuine and continuing
• you live together or do not live separately on a permanent basis.
• your partner is at least 18 years of age when the application is lodged (there are some exceptions)
• you are not related by family (if you are in a de facto relationship)
• you and your partner have a mutual commitment to a shared life to the exclusion of all others

To be eligible to be included or added to a 186 visa, a child must:
• be your child or a stepchild from a current or a previous relationship (in certain circumstances);
• not be married, engaged to be married, or have a de facto partner; and must be:
• under 18 years of age
• over 18 years of age but not yet turned 23, and be dependent on you or your partner
• over 23 years of age and be unable to earn a living to support themselves due to physical or cognitive limitations and be dependent on you or your partner (Note: The child will still need to meet Australia’s health requirement)
• a dependent child of a child who is eligible under 1, 2 or 3 above.

Family members are not required to show evidence of English level

All family members must meet the health and character requirements. All applicants over 16 must provide police clearances.

You may need Private Health Cover

School Fees for Dependent 482 Visa holders

School-age dependent 482 Visa holders are required to attend school in Australia. 

Public school fees in Australia vary across states and territories, with some states and territories offering free public schooling for dependent 482 Visa holders 

School Fees by State & Territory.

Victoria (VIC)

482 and 457 Visa holders generally have access to subsidised or free public schooling in Victoria.  

New South Wales (NSW)

  • Primary school (years KG-6) $5,600
  • Junior high school (years 7-10) $5,600
  • Senior high school (years 11-12) $6,400

Queensland (QLD)

482 and 457 Visa holders are exempt from paying public school fees in Queensland. 

South Australia (SA)

The maximum annual fee payable by a family in Adelaide on a 482 or 457 Visa is:

  • $5400 for each primary school student
  • $6500 for each high school student.

The family members of 482 and 457 Visa holders attending school outside of Adelaide will not have public school fees. 

Western Australia (WA)

  • $4,000 per family (Regardless of the number of children enrolled) 

Tasmania (TAS)

  • $7500 per year

Australian Captial Territory (ACT)

  • $12,500 for years 7-10 
  • $13,900 for years 11-12 

Northern Territory (NT)

482 and 457 Visa holders are exempt from paying public school fees in the Northern Territory. 

Get a quote

Here at Australian Skilled Migration, our team of Registered Migration Agents are dedicated to helping reunite you with your partner and family.

Book a consultation

Book a consultation and let one of our experienced migration agents assess all your visa options. We will look at all visa options available to you and determine which option is best for your individual situation.

Explore other visas

Perhaps there is another visa you might be eligible for instead? Use our visa finder to see if ou might have a better option.

Digital Marketing by King Kong