Do You Want to Get Australian Permanent Residency?
Australia is an extremely popular choice for those looking to relocate to a new country, and if you are considering becoming an Australian permanent resident then you are probably already aware that the process involves deciding upon the correct visa for your circumstances.
In your Expression of Interest, you must provide general information about yourself and anyone else you intend to include on your visa application. You will also need to include information about the occupation you wish to nominate as your own, along with your experience, qualifications, and proof that your skills have been assessed by an accredited assessing body in Australia.
What Visa Types Lead to Australian Permanent Residency?
The below visas are permanent visas with a direct pathway to Australian permanent residency:
The below visas are temporary but have a pathway to PR after 3 years:
What Can Australian PR Do?
As a permanent resident of Australia, you generally can:
- remain in Australia indefinitely
- work and study in Australia
- enrol in Australia’s national health scheme, Medicare
- apply for bank loans to buy property
- sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence
- apply for Australian citizenship, if eligible
- travel to and from Australia for as long as your travel facility permits. Please see Overseas travel as a permanent resident.
- attend free English language classes provided by the Adult Migrant English Program
- work in New Zealand
What Can’t Australian PR Do?
Unlike Australian citizens, a permanent resident generally cannot:
- have an Australian passport
- vote in Australian Government elections unless you enrolled (as a British subject) before 26 January 1984
- access student loans
- join the Australian Defence Force
- obtain ongoing work in the Australian Government
- return to Australia from overseas without a valid travel facility (you do not have automatic right of entry to Australia).
Choose Australian Skilled Migration for All Your Permanent Residency Needs
Whilst many people every year successfully acquire visas to live and work in Australia, the process of doing so can often prove stressful and confusing. For maximum peace of mind, it is always a good idea to work with an immigration specialist who will be able to assess your unique situation and advise you as to the best course of action for you and your family.
Here at Australian Skilled Migration, we are a team of some of the most highly trained and experienced migration experts in Australia. Our mission is to help skilled overseas workers find the visa options that are right for them and make the whole process of making and managing an application as simple and straightforward as possible.
With our help, you can be confident that you will be applying for the visa that is best suited to your particular needs and preferences. Furthermore, you will have the peace of mind that comes with knowing that experienced professionals have checked and double checked your application at every stage of the journey, giving you the best possible chances of success without the disappointment and unnecessary expense associated with rejected applications.
You Can Become a Permanent Resident in Australia Sooner Than You Think
If you are ready to start your journey towards Australian PR, there is plenty of useful information available on our website to help you get started. Make use of our free, downloadable Skilled Occupations List to see if your occupation is currently in demand in Australia and try our visa finder to see which visa is best matched to your circumstances.
To find out more information about how we can make the process of obtaining PR easier than you ever imagined possible, simply get in touch with a member of our team today. Alternatively, you can arrange a consultation using the online form, or book to join one of our webinars where you will hear the latest news and advice from genuine experts.