Partner Visas Australia

Australian Partner Visas allow married or de facto (same or opposite sex) couples to enter and remain in Australia with their partner. If you are in a genuine committed relationship with a person from overseas and you are an Australian Citizen, Australian permanent resident, an eligible New Zealand Citizen or a 457 Visa holder, there are a number of options for you and your spouse or de facto under the partner visa program.

Our  registered team of Migration Agents are experts in Australian partner and de facto visas, and can help determine your eligibility for a partner visa in a professional and timely manner. We have assisted hundreds of clients with the preparation of partner and de facto visa applications that meet the Department of Immigration and Border Protection’s requirements.

PARTNER VISA (Subclass 820/801 and 309/100)

These Partner Visas are for the spouse or de facto partner of an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen wishing to live in Australia. The temporary Partner visa (subclass 820 and 309) is the first stage before lodging the permanent Partner visa (subclass 801 and 100). Only one application is lodged for your temporary and permanent visas, but the application is processed in two stages.

Subclass 820/801 is an onshore Partner Visa. The Subclass 309/100 is the equivalent offshore Partner Visa.

Read More…


This visa is for the spouse or de facto partner of a Temporary Work (Subclass 457) Visa holder. A Temporary Work (Subclass 457) visa holder can add their spouse or de facto partner and children to their visa as secondary applicants.

This Australian partner visa allows applicants to work while in Australia.

Read More…


This is a temporary visa for people who want to come to Australia to marry their prospective spouse and live as husband and wife. This visa is for 9 months and the applicant must be outside of Australia when the application is lodged and when the visa is granted.

This visa allows applicants to apply for an Australian partner visa after marriage.

Read More…

Visa Application Charges


To see the full visa application charges paid to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection for your appropriate visa, see below:

Partner Visa (Subclass 820/801 and 309/100) – Click Here…

Prospective Marriage Visa – Click Here…

457 Family Visa – Click Here…

Please contact us directly for our Professional Service Charges.

Book a consultation to discuss your partner visa and family visa queries with one of our experienced migration agents in Melbourne. Book Now…

Partner Visa Requirements


Partner Visa (Subclass 820/801 and 309/100) Requirements – Click Here…

457 Family Visa Requirements – Click Here…

Prospective Marriage Visa Requirements – Click Here…

  • Applicants must meet health requirements
  • Applicants must meet character requirements


Applicants can include the following people in their transitional permanent residency application:

  • Dependent children
  • Other dependent relatives

Australian Partner Visa

Here at Australian Skilled Migration, our team of Registered Migration Agents are dedicated to helping reunite you with your partner. 

Let one of our experienced migration agents assess of all your visa options. We will look at all visa options available to you and determine which option is best for your individual situation.

We will take the stress out of the whole visa preparation and application process. You will have peace of mind knowing that your partner visa is being processed by experts.

Partner Visa Australia