Tips and tricks to apply succesfully
Applicants must provide a coloured, certified copy of the biographical pages in their passport. It is recommended that passport is valid for more than 6 months at the time of application.
Applicants must provide a certified copy of their birth certificate.
Applicants must also provide one recent passport sized photo (45 mm x 35 mm).
Applicant must show that they have sufficient funds to support their stay in Australia (minimum $1000 per month) The onus is on the applicant to demonstrate with bank statements that they have personal funds to support themselves. An applicant may show that a family member is offering financial support however this evidence bears less weight.
Type of evidence to show financial support from a family member:
• Family Member’s Bank Statement
• Evidence of family relationship (ie Birth Certificate, Family Composition Book, Statement from Family)
The applicant must demonstrate that they are genuinely traveling to Australia for tourism/vacation.
• Invitations received to attend ceremony/special occasions/ seminar (if applying under business visitor stream)
• Invitation Letter from family members/ friends living in Australia
• Tentative booking for tourist destinations/ activities/ accommodation
• Tentative itineraries
• Medical reports if visiting an ill family member/ friend living in Australia
The applicant must demonstrate that they have substantial ties with their home country and will depart Australia after their vacation:
• Evidence of current employment for example letter from employer confirming leave approval/ employment contracts/ payslips
• Evidence of enrollment in school and information about holiday period
• Evidence of ownership of property/land in home country
• Evidence of dependent family members for example Family composition book
• Evidence of any memberships held in home country
Things to avoid
Lodge a Visitor Visa if the applicant already has a Visa pending in with the Department of Immigration.
Lodge a Visitor Visa if the applicant has recently had a visa refusal (Seek professional advice before lodging).
Book flights before your Visitor Visa is approved! (Most airlines will not refund your ticket if you visa isn’t approved).
Lodge your application without attaching all required documents. (Evidence, bank statements, passport, etc).