The Subclass 101 Child visa allows children from outside Australia to live with their parents permanently in Australia
Child Visa holders can:
• migrate to Australia as a permanent resident
• access Medicare
• apply for Australian citizenship (if eligible)
Applying for a Child Visa
To be eligible to apply for a Child Subclass 101 visa, a child must meet the below requirements:
• be outside Australia at the time of application and the time of decision
• have a parent or step-parent who is an Australian permanent resident or citizen
• be under 18, a full-time student between 18 to 25 years, or over 18 and unable to work due to a disability
• is financially dependent on the parent
Each child will submit a separate application. If the child has siblings, each sibling will be the primary applicant of their own application.
Applicants must meet the Australian health and character requirements
How long does it take to get a decision on the 101 visa application?
The department does not specify the processing times for this vasa due to the low volume of applications.