New Zealand Citizen Family visa (Subclass 461) allows non-New Zealand family members of a New Zealand Citizen to live and work in Australia for up to five years.
This is a temporary visa for the family members of New Zealand Citizens living in Australia.
Applicants who apply while inside Australia must be inside Australia when the visa is granted.
Applicants who apply while outside Australia must be outside Australia when the visa is granted.
You may be eligible if
• You are not a New Zealand Citizen
• You are an eligible family member of a New Zealand Citizen
• You are an eligible family member of a Special Category Subclass 444 Visa
The Department of Immigration and Border Protection’s current processing times for this visa
75% of application processed within 13 months
90% of application processed within 19 months
New Zealand Citizens can apply to bring the following family members to Australia to be with them:
• Married or de facto partner
• Dependent children/step-children
This visa has no age limit
HEALTH & CHARACTER
All family members must meet the health and character requirements. All applicants over 16 must provide police clearances.